Friday 1 October 2010

Drug Allegations - By Rachael Whittaker


Drug allegations are always being targeted at celebrities but everything is really even if they are true or not. This is because people tend to look up to certain celebrities as some sort of role model. A recent drug allegation has been aimed to a boxer called Ricky Hatton, 31 and is a two weight former world champion. Ricky Hatton when on a night out was caught on video camera secretly taking a line of cocaine. From this incident actions had to be taken so the boxer lost his fighting licence and his manager's licence although he was able to keep his promoter's licence as they saw it wouldn't affect him with the situation; he was also fined £20,000. Ricky Hatton had this to say about what has happened "I'm so angry I could knock myself out," he said. "I'm disgusted at myself for what I have done. I've had a wonderful career and am furious that I have tarnished it.".

I have gathered this information from the following link Hatton on Drugs

Being a celebrity can be stressful and we want to put this across in our film. We want to send a message tot the audience how the press can go too far just to get a good story even if the situation is true or not. In the Ricky Hatton situation it was true but the stories are not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment